Production Team Leader
Production Team Leader | Tayside | Permanent | £neg
Avenue is actively looking for Production Team Leaders to join an industry leading manufacturer of products that are supplied globally. This exciting opportunity is a result of planned growth and investment and a healthy order book.
The Production Team Leader directly leads a manufacturing team of production personnel to control quality, cost and delivery within their production area.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support and promote the strategy for the production operations;
- Plan, coordinate, motivate and develop the team to drive operational excellence;
- Act as a coach/mentor for direct reports and provide training for continual development;
- Maintain and improve Environment, Health & Safety standards throughout the manufacturing area.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives to improve, meet and improve KPI performance;
- Monitor quality standards are being maintained, troubleshoot and make recommendations as required;
- Plan resources to ensure optimum staffing to meet production targets;
- Prepare regular reports to measure and monitor results, improvements and status of projects.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a similar position, within a manufacturing environment is essential.
- Experience of working within a continuous improvement/ lean manufacturing / 6 Sigma environments
- Previous supervisory experience, with a track record of having developed a multi-skilled manufacturing team
- Ability to deal with people at all levels. (shop floor – senior management)
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills
- Good problem-solving skills combined with an innovative approach.
- Strong influencing leadership, coaching, motivational and people development skills
- Production planning and coordinating skills
- Strong IT Skills
Competitive salary, career development and the opportunity to join an industry leading, global organisation is on offer so if you feel you have the drive, experience and knowledge required please apply with an up to date CV or contact Paul on 01383 628491.