Program Manager - NPI
Program Manager | Fife | Permanent | £Competitive
Avenue is currently looking for a Program Manager – NPI for a leading global manufacturing organisation. This exciting opportunity will involve taking responsibility for the management and coordination of NPI projects. The successful candidate should have related experience with project management and a working knowledge of inter-department responsibility and functionality including but not limited to Sales, Product line Management, Design, Operations and Customer Care. KPI’s to include: factory CGS, product available to order date and entity allocation. Project management tools to include Microsoft Project NPI dashboards and Product Development Processes process.
- Manage NPI defined projects using tools such as Product Development Process and NPI dashboard
- Define and assign projects by entity location and operation retaining overall responsibility for project
- Work with PLM, Operations and Design Engineering on achieving key milestone targets within NPI project plans
- Develop effective both centrally and entity based detailed plans to meet NPI dashboard targets with planning teams, sourcing teams, process engineering teams and operations teams
- Provide summary reports to BU management on project status and milestone achievement
- Provide accurate product costing at quotation and project justification phase
- Evaluate and recommend possible improvements to NPI and PDP processes
- Develop customer relationships through specific NPI project management
- An awareness of a range of modern manufacturing techniques including die casting, sheet metal fabrications and machining would be helpful.
- You will be expected to work closely with global suppliers and internal/external customers on a regular basis
- There will be opportunities for global travel to provide technical support to our production, vendor and customer base
This fantastic opportunity will offer the successful candidate a fresh challenge, a rewarding package, and a secure future with an industry leading global manufacturing organisation.
If you feel you have the necessary drive and experience please apply with an up to date CV for consideration or contact Paul direct on 01383 628491
Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Engineering or similar disciplines Minimum of 10 years work experience in supply chain functions ideally including interaction with Logistics, Planning, Procurement, Manufacturing and Distribution, Mechanical Engineering, Fabrication, Assembly Industry Demonstrated leadership with ability to effectively interact and influence personnel of various levels and disciplines Must have significant experience and knowledge of project management, process and product start-up and implementation Must have knowledge of all materials and associated supply chain processes under area of responsibility Ideally proficient using (SAP) for material planning and control Proficient using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project Strong cultural sensitivity to manage relationships with people of all cultures Strong leadership capabilities to deliver results and to build cross-cultural teams Financial management (P&L) experience Travel may be required in this position